FEATURED TRAININGSFacebook Live for Journalists
In the changing world of social media, Facebook Live is the new big thing. Facebook’s own algorithm favors this live element, drawing more viewers and followers to your page. But, how can journalists use it effectively to get past the “gimmick” idea and make it something useful for viewers and for journalists? Continue reading "Upcoming Trainings and Courses: March 21 Edition"
- On Bigvu’s YouTube channel, you can view sample videos made using Bigvu and video tutorials that demonstrate how to use the platform.
- Bigvu is being used by several publishers in Europe, including France24, TraceTV, NextPlz, SportYou and Kangai. Spanish news organization 20 Minutos garnered 1.3 million views with the first 11 clips it produced using Bigvu.
- A post on the Bigvu website outlines seven types of original videos users can produce to drive engagement. Among these examples are breaking news, testimonials and explanation videos.
Title: Video For Social Media
Instructor: Kylos Brannon, American University
Learn some tips and tricks for producing your social media video campaign
In 2017, everyone is producing for social media. Everyone from the major television networks, to snack companies, to your nephew’s little league team is promoting themselves through Instagram, Twitter and Facebook posts. While it seems that the skills are simple, there are ways to take advantage of the tools available and create quality work that will help you stick out.
Matching traditional approaches with cutting edge technology isn’t always obvious, and this webinar will attempt to marry the two, and give you ideas on how to streamline your post production, while planning your social media campaigns. Emphasis will be on use of Smart phones with Adobe Products, such as Premiere and Photoshop.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- Shooting for editing & distribution
- Post-Production Workflow
- Innovative Design, Motion Continue reading "DigitalEd: Video for Social Media"
Digital Media Skills Certificate Course
This comprehensive 9-week certificate program focuses on the strategic implementation and creation of digital media content for a web facing and mobile-first audience. Taught by industry professionals and award winning UC Berkeley faculty, you will learn best practices for telling stories to an online audience—through social media, on the web and to Continue reading "Upcoming Trainings and Courses: Feb. 7 Edition"